Center for Nonlinear Phenomena and Complex Systems
University Libre de Bruxelles
Campus Plaine, CP 231, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
- B.S. in Physics, University of Florida, 1982
- B.A. in Mathematics, University of Florida, 1982
- Ph.D in Physics, University of Florida, 1986
- 2001-present: Chercheur, Center for Nonlinear Phenomena and Complex Phenomena, Dept. of Physics, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- 1997-2000: Technical consultant and development team leader, i2 Technologies
- 1991-1997: Research group leader, Expert Systems Applications Development Group, Katholieke Univeriteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- 1989-1991: Chercheur, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Dept. of Physics
- 1987-1989: Post-doc, Materials Science Division, Argonne National Laboratories
- 1984-1987: Graduate Assistant, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Fla.
- Invited speqker at 2019 Gordon Conference on Crystal Growth and Assembly
- PRE “Outstanding Referee”, 2018
- Invited speqker at 21st American Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy (ACCGE-21) (Santa Fe, 2017)
- Invited speaker at Solvay Workshop on “Multiscale Modelling at the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) interface” (Brussels, 26-28 April, 2016).
- Invited speaker at Franqui Symposium on “The Aggregation of Biological Molecules: how physical chemistry illuminates physiology and pathophysiology” (Brussels, 4-6 June, 2015).
- Invited speaker at Solvay Workshop on “Directional Nucleation and Growth of Molecular Cyrstals” (Brussels, 2014).
- 2011 Journal of Chemical Physics “Top 20 reviewer” (2012).
- Invited speaker at American Physical Society March Meeting (Boston, 2012).
- Invited speaker at workshop on “Kinetics and thermodynamics of multistep nucleation and selfassembly in nanosize materials” (Brussels, 2010).
- Invited speaker at CECAM workshop “Common trends between Kinetic theory, Dynamical Density Functional methods and mesoscopic methods based on effective free energy models”, (Lausanne, 2008).
- Invited speaker at “Granular Fluids - A Proving Ground for Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics”, (Seville, 2007).
- Invited speaker at “Duftyfest”, (Gainesville, 2005).
- Invited speaker at Computer Simulation in Materials Science, NATO ASI Series., (Aussois, 1991)
- Invited speaker at Symp. Atomistic Modelling in Material Science, ASM Mtg., (Chicago, 1988).
- University of Florida Chapter Sigma Xi award for “Outstanding Research as a Graduate Student” (1986-1987)